Friday, July 27, 2007

Christmas in July

35th Avenue Sew & Vac had its annual Christmas in July sale and I went to it after work to pick up several sewing items. 35th Ave. is reputed to have the largest selection of quilting fabrics in Arizona and I wouldn't doubt it. One day, I will need to get pictures or a video of 35th because it really is an amazing store.

Since I am now getting into multi-hooping embroidery, I picked up Jenny Haskins new book "Aquamarine Ambiance" I think the quilt is just gorgeous. It will be a lot of work but I want to try it.

I also picked up a fabric calculator for quilting. Something that I hope will become my right hand since I am deficient in the math skills.

Along with these I also bought some marking pens, a bunch of ARC embroidery thread, stabilizer, a special compass and ruler for our next class project, a couple of pieces of fabric, and a thread box. I really tried to keep from looking at all the gorgeous fabric since I have boxes and boxes of fabric that I will probably never use in my lifetime.

No comments: