Monday, July 9, 2007

Tagged

I have been tagged and need to give 8 facts about me.

Here are the rules:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each participant posts eight random facts about themselves.
3. Tagees should write a blogpost of eight random facts about themselves.
4. At the end of the post, eight more bloggers are tagged
5. Go to their blog, leave a comment telling them they're tagged.

Here are my facts:
1. I love to iron!! I know; it's crazy but I just do. Good thing too since I am a quilter and there is a lot of ironing involved.

2. I absolutely detest cell phones. I have one but rarely use it and no one knows my number because it is for my convenience only; nobody elses. However, that being said, I do covet the new IPhone although will never have one. I just think it's so cool!

3. My biggest pet peeve is seeing people driving in their cars with their kids and/or babies unrestrained in the front seat. I really wish they would be pulled over and cited for it and then given a major lecture from the cop about how dangerous this is for children.

4. I was in a movie once but my part was left on the editing room floor. The movie was "Stir Crazy" with Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor. My roommates and I were in a restaurant scene. Sidney Poitier, the director, came over to our table and gave me a big hug and then had me get up and do some kind of a walking part. That was cut from the movie but you can see my roommates and my arm in the movie. So much for stardom.

5. I am related to the Roosevelts by marriage. My mom's cousin, Romelle Schneider, married James Roosevelt, the son of Franklin and Eleanor. When the local paper asked my great grandpa what he thought of his granddaughter marrying the president's son, my great grandpa replied he wasn't too pleased because James was 1. divorced and 2. not Catholic. He did accept the marriage and probably was not too displeased about it. They were eventually divorced but I have met their children a couple of times at family reunions. Anne Roosevelt, the only daughter, looks very much like Eleanor except for being much, much prettier.

6. I LOVE DOGS!!!

7. From the age of five until college, I spent every day of every summer in the pool. Growing up, the town pool was right across the street so I would go over there for the whole day and then go back at night. Pretty cheap babysitting for my mom I guess.

8. I was born on Friday the 13th and my mom was born on Friday the 13th.

Now, I'm supposed to tag 8 more bloggers but I don't really know any. But I will go ahead and tag two of them here. Nanflan of New Mexico and Rowena

No comments: