Since making the resolution to sew every day, I have been pretty good at keeping it. This a.m. I woke up at the usual time (5:00 a.m.) and when finished with breakfast, went to my sewing room to sew a bit. My plans were to cut out the upper layer of a tote bag and then pin it to the batting so it would be already to quilt.
No such luck.
I had the fabric spread on the floor because it was directional fabric and I needed to make sure I cut it out so that the dog heads in the fabric were all going the right way. Roscoe thought he could help by trying to butt in, standing on the fabric and then rolling in it. Once I got rid of him, I had to look at the fabric for a long time to make sure I cut it correctly. I thought I had it right and proceeded to cut it out only to find out that I was wrong! Fortunately, that was easily fixable. But still, valuable time lost trying to make sure I was going to get it cut correctly.
Anyway, I knew since the fabric was directional, I was going to have to make a seam that would not show on the bottom of the bag. Got that stitched out just fine, took it to the iron and pressed the seam open, turned it right side up and saw that I had the dog heads all going upside down.
Rip out the seam.
That was all I had time for before needing to get ready for work. This joyfest of mistakes took about 1/2 hour and all that was accomplished was to get the top layer of fabric cut.
This does not bode well for the rest of the bag.