Friday, May 30, 2008

Walking around Ponderosa Park

My parents bought a cabin in Ponderosa Park, Prescott back in the early '70s and we are able to enjoy it every summer. Ponderosa Park is in the National Forest about 5 miles outside of Prescott. Since I have my marvelous new camera, I took a little walking tour of the area and got a few shots.

This is a photo of a unique mailbox. I really like the wood.


I'm not exactly sure what the purpose of these prayer flags were (which I really think are face towels)


Here is a photo of one of the older cabins in the area. It was for sale last year but the sale sign is gone and I don't know what the status of it is.


And here is our litte cabin. It was built in the 50s by a man and wife who pitched a tent on the property and built it by themselves. The rock they carried in from the surrounding area and according to their grandson, they dug the basement out after building the house. There are two bedrooms and one bath with an upstairs loft. It was one of the first two built in the area.

2 comments:

Granny J said...

Every time I've been driven through such enclaves as Ponderosa Park, I've found a lot of interesting and quirky things to photograph. I think people are a little less uptight about their surroundings out in the woods. Which is great!

meggie said...

I love seeing other parts of the world!
Great pics.