Friday, September 19, 2008

A day among the jelly fish

One of our vacation days was spent at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, CA. I have to admit I have never been in an Aquarium before so wasn't sure what was in store for me but I heard this was a very good one. We got there kind of late in the afternoon so most of the shows and lectures were over but that was ok. I took a lot of pictures there...some good and some bad. I liked the photos of the jelly fish which I have posted here.





6 comments:

Granny J said...

Fascinating images, QD! My own experience with jellies is limited; I used to come across the little (or big) mound of yuck when beachcombing as a young girl, not realizing how beautiful they could be when in their element.

meggie said...

They are quite beautiful in the water. Our local ones can inflict painful wounds so we steer well clear!

quilteddogs said...

GrannyJ: Kind of other worldy.

Meggie: I know the sting. Was stung quite a bit learning to scuba dive down in Mexico.

Alex said...

I caught your jellyfish picture on google alerts and thought you might be interested in the jellyfish aquariums by Jellyfish Art (www.jellyfishart.com)

quilteddogs said...

Thank you Alex. I will check it out.

Paula Ellis said...

OOOOhhh,
I really like these jellyfish images as art, especially the third one down, img 1931.jpg. Great job!