Saturday, January 24, 2009

Not much blogging going on

Our book club chose Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" to read and I have been at it since mid-December. It's a nice compact 1,069 pages with teeny tiny print. It's ok but I don't think I like it as much as The Fountainhead. There was an interesting article just a week or so ago in the WSJ comparing our current economy with the one Ayn Rand described. Some very scary similarities. I have about 200 pages more to read before book club meets on Monday so better get back to it.

Oh, tomorrow I will be making a pretty big purchase (my little contribution to the economy). I've been thinking about this since October and I'm finally going to buy it with the money I have been saving. No, it's not a car. I can't even think of getting rid of my '92 Accord. Such a great car. It's something for sewing.

1 comment:

Sissie said...

Evolve serger?