Sunday, January 16, 2011

Learning to crochet

I have never crocheted in my life, but my friend Sylvia had a necklace that her friend, Ginny made her that I just loved (as did all the people who saw it). So, Ginny was roped into teaching a class to my sewing group. My necklaces were way too tight as far as the crochet stitches were concerned but it turns out, I kind of like that. Plus, it would be good to make tight and loose necklaces because there is a definite difference in the look of the two. Anyway, I have made four so far and I'm having a good time with it all.











So much so that now I want to try and duplicate a scarf I bought from etsy.com that came from Turkey. I found a video of how to do it (even though it was in Portugese) and I think I have sort of figured it out and I'm attempting it. The first pic is the purchased scarf and the second one is the beginnings of my scarf.



6 comments:

Sissie said...

Oh my gosh....we created a monster! You go girl. I want to see that scarf.

quilteddogs said...

Indeed you have. I have now made two scarfs but discovered I was not using the right yarn. So even though I like my scarfs, they aren't as thick as the purchased one. But that will be rectified.

sewnews said...

You are amazing! The necklaces are terrific. And now scarfs. You are a crocheting demon. Can't wait to see it all in person.

sewnews said...

You are amazing! The necklaces are terrific. And now scarfs. You are a crocheting demon. Can't wait to see it all in person.

quilteddogs said...

I'll bring to show & tell.

Sissie said...

I just visited Family Needle Arts Store on 7th Street and Missouri. (Behind Buffalo Exchange.) Have you seen their LOVELY yarn?