Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A nice place to grow up

For most of my life, I thought I grew up in the most perfect place, especially as a young kid. But those thoughts flew out the window when I visited Tom's childhood digs early in our relationship.

His parents built their house in Trout Valley about 50 miles northwest of Chicago. At one time the land was the Hertz estate and I guess it was eventually subdivided into residential parcels...large residential parcels. I believe Tom's folks' place was on two acres. The bad thing was it wasn't fenced so how could you have a dog? I would not like that too much.





The property surrounding the houses is filled with trees and little ponds and creeks running through it. The roads are really narrow and two cars can barely fit side by side.








Not too far is a horse pasture.



And then pretty close to that is the Fox River. I think boats can go on that.

Yes, a nice place to grow up.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

sewnews said...

Beautiful place... Looks like a very nice place to grow up..

Agnieszka Korzeniewska said...

I very like those places!

ParisMaddy said...

a very scenic and beautiful setting.

Sissie said...

Wow!