Saturday, September 26, 2009

The BonTaj Roulet tour

A break from the vacation pics.



We went to see the Bontaj Roulet tour at the Dodge Theater Thursday night. I have seen Taj Mahal a few times before and really love him but I have never seen Bonnie Raitt and came to a new appreciation of her. She can really play the guitar and the two of them were just great. The concert lasted about 2.5-3 hours. First Taj and the Phantom Blues Band played, then Bonnie and her band, then both bands together, then Taj and Bonnie acoustically, then both bands again. I hate to use the over-used word "awesome" but they really, really were.






When searching for the video above, I found another video of Bonnie Raitt playing with another one of my favorites, John Lee Hooker. John Lee has now passed on but we saw him at the Celebrity Theater when he was about 84 years old.

1 comment:

sewnews said...

Oh I would have loved to be there. Sounds like a good time