Sunday, January 24, 2010

New Year's Resolution cont.

My well intentioned New Year's resolution was almost thwarted from the get-go. I had plans to sew an advent calendar that was cut from a panel well over a year ago. I should have remembered "buyer beware" when I bought this piece because whoever cut it out at my favorite fabric store (which will go unamed in this post), did not include all the instructions on how to sew it together. She left out steps 2, 4 and 6 which appear to be crucial to a successful completion of the panel. Searching the internet and searching through my fabric stash, I came up with a suitable replacement which I will photograph as I sew it.

Caveat: I can sew on the day before or day after the 25th. Tomorrow is a Monday and since it is a Monday, we go to the YMCA after work. So today, I have cut out the fabric which counts in the grand scheme of things. It's my resolution, I can make the rules as I go.

No comments: