Friday, February 16, 2007

Birthday


Tuesday was my birthday and I celebrated by not going to work. I spent the morning doing a few little chores and then did some sewing. The rest of the day was spent with my mom at the Phoenix Art Museum checking out the Rembrandt exhibit. This was the first time I have been to the museum since they finished it and it is very impressive. Even though we had reservations, we had to stand in line to get into the exhibit but it was worth it. I am certainly not a fan of Dutch art but this opened up my eyes a little and made me be more appreciative of it.
We didn't spend much time on any other exhibits other than the fashion design gallery which had various gowns dating from the 1800s to 2006. That was a lot of fun. Both of us wanted to touch all of them but of course we were prohibited from doing that.
On another note, I am thinking of adopting another rescue springer. It might be insanity on my part but it is definitely in my mind. This will have to be given a lot of thought.