Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Book club

Tonight is the first meeting of our book club. This is something brand new that has just been started by some of the neighbors in my old neighborhood. There are only five of us to start with and of those five, I only know one person. Never been in a book club before so I don't really know how it operates but I'll soon find out.

Yesterday I ordered the Kona cotton we will need for the blocks for our charity quilt. My sewing chapter is going to make one or two quilts that will be auctioned off next year at the Glencroft Retirement Community's Quilt Auction. This year, the auction made over $150,000. We will give out blocks to our members to embroider, applique, or embellish any way they want and then sew all the blocks into a quilt. The quilt will be a southwestern theme. Not sure what the second quilt will be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.