Monday, September 24, 2007

A small expedition with my camera

So, on Saturday, I ventured out of the boundaries of my yard to take photographs. Driving to and from work this past week, I had some ideas of photos I wanted to take so instead of doing yard work, I went out and took the pictures. It was very fun. Next weekend, we'll be going to Prescott, so I will venture into town and get some pictures there. But for now, here are some photos of some of the public art that Phoenix has to offer:

This is some professional graffiti painted on a vintage store. This is a very scary picture to me.

Same picture but from a different view


At the Cancer Survivor's Park




A close up





A neat piece of art at the Phoenix Public Library



A different perspective

A fountain at the Phoenix Art Museum that fascinates me

Looking through the fountain

Some desert plantings

3 comments:

Granny J said...

Some nice pictures there, QD! Especially the 2nd of the Phx library shots -- fascinating to scroll it up and down. Looking through the falling water was neat, as was the last pic. Your scary guy worked best in close, tho a scene setting pic is always a good idea. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to your Prescott pictures.

Linda G. said...

Great artistic pix, QD! The sculpture at the library with the gray clouds and the bit of blue right at the center of the pic is my fave, but it's hard to choose.

I really love that second at the cancer center, the way the people lined up appear through the bars..

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures... lLove them all b ut my favorite is the different perspective and the plant. You have really done well...