Thursday, September 20, 2007

Another policeman dies


I'm not sure why I feel I need to post this but this last police killing has moved me enough to say something here. Another police officer was killed in the line of duty the other day. This is the third Phoenix police officer to die in the past year. All of them have been completely senseless killings but this one, to me, has to be the worst. Officer Erfle was killed for approaching three people for jaywalking. JAYWALKING!!!!! The scum who shot and killed him was wanted on some minor charges and was apparently "a really bad dude". He had also been deported in the past and the media here is going into a frenzy over that. Being an illegal was not the issue here as far as I am concerned. I just don't understand how people today have such a lack of respect for life that they feel it is their right to simply pull out a gun and shoot someone. I will never understand this and the lack of respect for law officers is even more shocking.
The shooter was killed himself by the police after carjacking a vehicle and trying to escape.


2 comments:

Linda G. said...

This is both sad and scary. I sometimes wonder why young people choose law enforcement anymore..they have to be really dedicated..and then this!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you totally there seems to be so much senseless violence. Not that it ever makes sense but you know... I am so grateful everyday that someone wants to be a firefighter police officer and forest fire fighter. Horrible jobs and what would we do if someone did not want to do them.