Monday, September 28, 2009

A Big Little Life

This is a new book and true story by Dean Koontz, one of my favorite authors. My mom got the book from the library and has been gushing over how great it is. Mind you, this is a book about Dean Koontz's dog, Trixie, and my mom is not a dog lover. Well, let me amend that. She is a dog lover by osmosis through my dad and me but she is not over-the-top obnoxious like I am. So her recommending a dog book to me and saying it's one of the best she has ever read is saying something.

When she finished the book, she gave it to me and just reading the first few pages made me teary-eyed. Not sure how I'm going to get through the rest of the book. First, you know she is going to die but the way he writes about dogs and especially Trixie is so heartfelt and true. What he says is exactly how I feel but I don't have his writing talent to express that.

2 comments:

sewnewss said...

Prissy had mentioned it to me but not sure I could manage it.

quilteddogs said...

Yes. She said she had mentioned it to you as well. She must be telling everybody.