Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Los Alamos

When we went to New Mexico, we did not plan to visit Los Alamos but since it's there, why not.

As you know, Los Alamos is the site of the Manhattan Project and where thousands of scientists and others gathered in total secrecy during WWII to develop the world's first atomic bombs.

But, what you might not know is this is where the secret alloy called Nambe' was developed as well. I love Nambe' but really can't afford it. However, in Santa Fe, the Nambe' store was having some huge sale and I bought a piece of it for a steal. This is the second piece of Nambe' I own and am so happy with them.

So, the makers of these




created this




Pretty neat, huh? And you probably learned something to boot.

I don't mean to make light of the purpose these bombs were ultimately used for. I know the significance but just thought it was interesting.

2 comments:

Sissie said...

Wow, I learn something every time I visit your blog for sure! Beautiful pictures.

quilteddogs said...

Sylvia:
That was a new one to me as well.