Sunday, March 28, 2010

WIP

Currently, I am making a crazy quilt sunflower that is part quilting, part embroidery and part applique There are 25 blocks each that make up the sunflower. I have been happily stitching along until I came to the 17th block. After stitching it out for 45 minutes, I find out it is not the same size as the other blocks. Suspecting user error, I go back to the computer and the CD and determine what I did wrong. After double checking and triple checking the computer, I find out it is not user error but a problem with the CD. Now this particular quilt is such that each block has to match perfectly. Well, that won't happen if one of the blocks is 1/2" bigger than all the rest.

Tomorrow I will call the company that designed this and see if they can email me a new block 17. If they can't, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.




UPDATE: Yesterday, I called the company that designed the disk and was told they would send me a new Block 17 and/or a new disk. Sure enough, it was sent and it seems to be the right size. So kudos to Anita Goodesign for fixing the problem

5 comments:

Granny J said...

I hope they solve your problem, QD -- that is too beautiful a design not to finish!

quilteddogs said...

I hope so too. Not to mention all the work I have already done.

Sissie said...

OMG - how could that happen? Let us know what the result is. It looks beautiful. It's embroidery, right?

quilteddogs said...

Just a simple mistake I guess. Yes, it is embroidery.

sewnews said...

Glad to know you are back on track. Itis so good looking. Good customer service on AG designs part. Can't wait to see it in person.