Sunday, August 29, 2010

Mini Sew In

I can't believe it has been a month since I have posted. That is really, really terrible but I guess I have been a litle busy. But not too busy to attend Mary's Mini Sew In!

My friends and I all love the regular Sew In so much that Mary proposed that we have a mini one and this weekend, she hosted it!

It all started yesterday morning where Lynn, Beverly and I all met at Mary's house. I brought bagels and cream cheese and Mary had the juice and coffee. First, we started with a little bit of show & tell. Lynn had completed a little quilt out of a new fabric line called "cuddle" (very similar to Minkee). The softest material ever. It turned out really cute.



Then we all got down to the business of sewing. Mary had set up a banquet table in her family room for the sewing machines and then she had two cutting stations and two ironing stations in her kitchen and dining room. Notice my little friend curled under my chair. That would be Jesse the big dog living in a little dog's body.



We sewed mightily for several hours and then it was time for happy hour. Mary mixed up some yummy Margaritas and we sipped them outside while watching a little bit of a storm blow through.





Then Mary grilled up some good burgers and happy hour continued with a little bit of wine. Plus a really good bundt cake for dessert provided by Beverly. Then back inside for some more power sewing and finally bed time at 11:30.

Up again at 7:00 for some more bagels and coffee/tea poolside. The rest of the morning was more sewing and then a delish lasagna cooked up by Lynn. We spent the rest of the time just talking and all of a sudden it was 3:00 and time to go home.

Fun, fun times. I think you have to be a sewer in order to appreciate the luxury of sewing all weekend. Hopefully, we can do it again.

3 comments:

Mary said...

It was fun, fun, times. Next time, we will go swimming! It was dark and just us girls.

sewnews said...

Time flew by - but oh so much fun jusst sewing and laughing and sewing!

Sissie said...

You go girls! Sew fun! I got to see that ever-so-soft cuddle throw. Yum!