Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A bad walk

A couple of Saturdays ago, I was getting the dogs ready for a walk. Addie was hooked up and Roscoe was messing around. The courtyard gate was open, but knowing my dogs, I did not expect anything to happen. Finally, getting Roscoe leashed, we were ready to go. But Addie was gone. Thinking she headed east, I went that way but she was not there. I looked to the west and saw her heading down the street already having crossed 15th ave., a fairly busy street. My stomach lurched and I grabbed Roscoe and ran as fast as I could go. We finally caught up with her and she was so happy to be walking and to have a rawhide in her mouth that I think she didn't even know we weren't along for the walk the entire time.

Anyway, with the adrenaline still flowing, we continued our walk. Only to be set upon by a loose schnauzer who was hell bent on attacking my dogs. Twice he attacked them and there was nothing I could do because I was holding both leashes. Finally, a bunch of neighbors came out upon hearing the ruckus and helped me. They checked out my dogs to see that they were alright and then went to the schnauzer owner's home to inform him of what happened.

Again, we continued our walk but I was pretty shaken up.

Once we got home, I broke down and cried a little. Later Tom saw Roscoe was bleeding some but otherwise we all were ok.

It was a rough day.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

sewnews said...

OMG - Can't believe you kept going. Poor Addie since she cannot hear - so scary. Glad you had neighbors who could finally help.

Roscoe is a trooper. I would have cried for hours.

Here is to a non rough day.

quilteddogs said...

Yes, it was not the most fun I have ever had.

Sissie said...

Awful. An attack happened to Ella and me once. The dang owners did not even apologize. AND I got knocked down too! Grrr.....

quilteddogs said...

Oh wow. No injury to me except for psychological.