Sunday, July 24, 2011

My new hobby


So, as I said before, my friend Sylvia taught me to knit. However, I learned on weird yarn using a weird pattern which did not use all the actual steps of knitting such as casting on, casting off and so forth. I was able to teach myself how to do those things and now I need to learn what to do when you drop a stitch or add a stitch that you don't want.

Thinking for several months that I was going to learn to knit, I used some forethought and nabbed Knitting for Dummies when it was free at amazon for my kindle. So using that and a lot of good videos on YouTube, I am slowly teaching myself to knit the basics. And here again, I have to give kudos to my iPad. If I'm sitting on the couch or kitchen table trying to knit and I have a question, I just find a video on YouTube and watch it right there and immediately have my question answered. I have found that for me, seeing something done on a video or in real time is easier for me to comprehend than reading a book. I'm real happy about YouTube. The Internet is such a powerful thing.

Still, I think my first project is going to look like the spider webs made by spiders on LSD. But it can only get better from here, right?



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad 2

1 comment:

sewnews said...

It is looking good. My latest efforts are coming along. I can add stithces from nothing. Love my buttoholes also.