Friday, July 22, 2011

The perfect day...off

Being kind of slow at work, I thought taking a vacation day for no reason at all would be a good idea and I had no plans for it other than to take my dogs to the groomer for badly needed furcuts. So, since I had no goals and no plans, I would not be disappointed if they weren't met.

I got up at the regular time and vacuumed the pool (for the third time in 2 weeks) due to the dust storm the evening before. Then, I drove the dogs out to the groomer and afterwards took myself over to Joann's to purchase a couple of items. Turns out I bought 7 items and I had 7 coupons for 40% each so I got to use all of them and saved over $25.00. Very happy.

I went back home and puttered around for a bit with this and that. Had lunch and then cleaned out the refrigerator. Then got down to the serious stuff of sewing, embroidering and knitting. I was able to get a quilt top put together and it is ready to make into a quilt sandwich and quilt. Then, I got on the embroidery machine and made a cute little owl purse (photos at a later time) that I have been wanting to try out to see how it comes out. I was very happy with it. Then a little bit of knitting, a little bit of reading, a little bit of wash and a little bit of Mad Men.

And that was my perfect, uninspired, unplanned for day. You should try it sometime.

2 comments:

sewnews said...

Awesome doing just stuff and at your own pace. Good for you

Sissie said...

Way to go....you accomplished a lot for a day off with no plans.