Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pretty colors

It's seems I am starting to knit more and more and sew less and less. But this weekend, I was lucky enough to do a little of both. I'm still stumbling my way through the ins and outs of knitting but I have discovered that I like really bulky yarn the best and the more colorful, the better. Sitting on the front porch at the cabin, I was drawn to the wonderful colors in my lap.


Pretty. Don't you think? This ended up being a scarf which is the only thing I know how to make. Next time I drag Ms. Human Female Torso out for a photo shoot, I will take some shots of the final product. Now, if only winter would get here since this scarf is made of 100% wool....

I also took up making bowls out of fabric wrapped clothesline. I have made several in the past and really enjoyed it so thought I would try it again.








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad 2

2 comments:

sewnews said...

Beautiful colors. Look forward to the finished product Love the bowls can't wait to learn how to make them.

Sissie said...

I love your yarn too! Can't wait to show you what I got in Sedona and maybe a new item for us to make!! Want to try a bowl...I'm too chicken!