Friday, April 20, 2007

Cut & Iron, Cut & Iron

For several hours Wednesday night, I was ironing and cutting six yards of Kona cotton for our charity quilt project. It is very difficult to iron six yards of fabric while at the same time, trying to keep as much dog hair off it as possible. Fortunately, it seems that either there is not much dog hair in my sewing room or I did a pretty good job with the ironing system I set up to prevent dog hair getting on the fabric.

I finally ended up with 72 9" blocks of fabric which will be given out to ASG members to embellish as they so desire in southwestern designs.

Driving to work today, I felt and heard this "whomp" as I was stopped at the traffic light. I looked behind me to see if someone had hit me but that was not the case. When the light changed, and I pulled into the intersection I saw that there was a car in flames and smoke billowing out of it. The woman driver had hopped out and ran to the gas station on the corner. I have no idea what happened but at least discovered the source of the "whomp."

No comments: