Thursday, August 30, 2007

Excitement in the 'hood

Last night, while walking the dogs, I heard a buzzing sound and smelled a burning smell. When I looked up into some trees, I saw that a power line was on fire. I could see flames shooting out and then they would die and then another buzzing sound and more flames. I went around the corner to where I thought the house containing the trees were and knocked at the door but there was no one home. After watching for awhile, it seemed that there were no longer flames coming out so after some hestitation, I continued my walk.

On the way back to my house, I looked again and saw the power line was still flaming so I went to the house behind this particular house and I got the homeowner to call 911. Soon, the firetruck came but I didn't hang around because the homeowner whose attention I got, took control of the situtation.

After I got home, I had to kick myself a little bit for not hanging around at least to take a gander at the firemen. :-))

4 comments:

Linda G. said...

That was exciting! I'm glad you called as you may have saved someone from electrocution. Too bad about the firemen tho...

I've been trying to link to you and can't seem to get it to work. I'll keep trying.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how dare you - you know how I love firemen. Some are so Hunkalicious!

GHood for you for noticing and perhaps saving the neighborhood.

Lucky dogs for getting a walk

Granny J said...

QD -- OK, where are the pictures? If your instructor didn't say so, I'm doing it -- when you go ANYPLACE, don't forget that camera!!!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you love Prescott as I do. My sister lives up in Ponderosa Park and I go up there and take walks when I get time. She is a fiber artist and she has done a show at Arts Prescott on Whiskey Row. Some time when you are up for a long weekend call and come to see my studio. Rowena Tank
www.rowenaart.net