Friday, April 10, 2009

"I hope I die before I get old"

Not really but it's hell getting old and I wonder how old Pete Townsend was when he wrote that line to the song.

Having just turned 50 a couple of months ago (and still not able to believe it), I have just suffered what I believe to be my first physical defect due to age. My right shoulder has hurt quite a bit for the past five months and has really, really hurt for the last three weeks. My primary care doc thought it was tendonitis but referred me to an orthopaedic surgeon for a consult and a steroid shot. Got the steroid shot but according to the ortho doc, it has gone beyond tendonitis and is a rotator cuff injury and possible tear. So next week, I have to get an MRI of the shoulder to see what's what.

The steroid shot is helping but there is still pain.

I thought it was just athletes who suffered this kind of injury but no, it's us old people.

Rats.

1 comment:

sewnews said...

Wait til you turn 61! Hope you are feeling better soon