Sunday, November 14, 2010

New projects

I have been away from my blog for awhile...don't really know why. But I have been at my sewing machines and have produced some things I'm really happy with:

Here is a table runner I saw in a quilting & embroidery magazine. I have never done continuous borders so thought I would give that a try using the instructions in my magazine. It wasn't too hard at all; I just needed to make sure I had perfect markings. This table runner took 15 hoopings to do all the embroidery and I was able to use fabric from my stash and didn't have to buy one thing so I was really pleased about that.





Plus, it looks good with my crazy table decoration.



Then, I started sewing this Christmas dog wall hanging several months ago and this is what I was embroidering when the needle of my machine hit the embroidery hoop requiring service to the machine. But now it is all better and I was able to finish the embroidery. You can kind of tell from the picture that the dog is made up of 6 embroidered "tiles" each having about 30,000 stitches and several of the tiles had 20-30 thread changes. That is a LOT of thread. Anyway, it is not quite done but I was also pleased with this one. Again, all fabric came from my stash so I didn't have to buy any.


3 comments:

Embroidery said...

Wow..........Its was awesome.............!!!
Thanks for sharing such beautiful piece of art with us...

sewnews said...

They are both terrific projects. Good work!

Sissie said...

Oh that dog is wonderful. Love your runner as well.