I have been away from my blog for awhile...don't really know why. But I have been at my sewing machines and have produced some things I'm really happy with:
Here is a table runner I saw in a quilting & embroidery magazine. I have never done continuous borders so thought I would give that a try using the instructions in my magazine. It wasn't too hard at all; I just needed to make sure I had perfect markings. This table runner took 15 hoopings to do all the embroidery and I was able to use fabric from my stash and didn't have to buy one thing so I was really pleased about that.
Plus, it looks good with my crazy table decoration.
Then, I started sewing this Christmas dog wall hanging several months ago and this is what I was embroidering when the needle of my machine hit the embroidery hoop requiring service to the machine. But now it is all better and I was able to finish the embroidery. You can kind of tell from the picture that the dog is made up of 6 embroidered "tiles" each having about 30,000 stitches and several of the tiles had 20-30 thread changes. That is a LOT of thread. Anyway, it is not quite done but I was also pleased with this one. Again, all fabric came from my stash so I didn't have to buy any.